Saturday, June 18, 2011

An Open Letter To My WIfe

My wife and I just turned 7.

A night before I jokingly told her, "Seven years na pala tayong nag-titiis sa isa't isa," and she bursted with laughter.

Kidding aside, she's truly a gift from above. Though our married life isn't perfect, our imperfections made our union to last for years.

So on our special day, I scribbled a letter to show my loving and grateful heart.

____________________________________________________________
June 8, 2011


Beloved YhanYhan,

Happy 7th year Anniversary.

I don’t have the materials means to have a fancy celebration today.

What I can offer is the richness and pureness of my loving heart.

Thank you for bearing with me all these years - for understanding and
loving me despite and inspite of my weaknesses, frailties and shortcomings.


Thank you for being there for me when I needed you most - for giving me
comfort, for listening to my stories, for helping me chase my dreams and
for listening to my cries of frustration.


Thank you for the daily coffee moments. For waking up early in morning to
prepare a hearty breakfast and for the sumptuous dinner every time I go
home from work.

Thank you for teaching me to be responsible, to know my priorities and be focus in life.

Thank you for teaching me what it means to be a family.

Thank you for showing me what it means to be generous, selfless and giving.

And for teaching me what it means to love and be loved.

And most of all, thank you for giving me Mandela, our adorable baby girl - our greatest treasure here on Earth.

Together, let us continue to hold hands, build our lives as we mount every foibles and fears that life may brings.

And together, let us continue to drink coffee every morning, our daily ritual of love, to show how much we love and care for each other.

I love you very much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really liked the article, and the very cool blog

SHERWIN ONGCO OCHEA said...

thank you so much...