Tuesday, February 27, 2007

When Humans Create Humans

Human cloning is one subject that got my attention. I find it a crazy idea when skeptic scientists believing so much of themselves and what they can technically do started acting and playing like God.

Several years ago, when the first cloned sheep named "Dolly" was first made known to the world, I anticipated that it will only be a predecessor of a more complicated and advanced cloning. True enough, I wasn't surprised then to have read from the newspaper articles on scientists doing scientific attempts to clone humans. To date, I haven't heard of a reported clone human, but it made me laugh when a Korean scientist admitted in public that he falsified research documents claiming to the cloning of human embryo. Hahahaha. How foolish it is for so-called genius scientists to be overshadowed by their intelligence and started feeling superior over the Divine Creator.

One day, I received a text message from an officemate, it reads as follows:
Scientist said, "Lord, we don't need you anymore. We are already as intelligent as you. We know how to create man. See we can clone humans."

So God said, "Really, so let's have a man-making contest. Let's do it the way I did with Adam." The scientist agreed, then he started to pick up some dust.

But God told him, "No, you make your own dust."

Truly the wonders of science has made impossible things possible. But for me, nothing can surpass the wisdom of the One up there who is the ultimate source of wisdom. I can't blame the scientists when they think too much of what they can do. After all, most of them don't believe in God. It made me utter words of thanks that I wasn't endowed with much intelligence like most scientists have, because if I do, I might not feel the need of God.

Imagine a glass full of water. Even if how many times you'll pour water on it, it won't be contained in the glass - it will just overflow. Because there's no more room for additional water to fill in.

The same holds true in these case, when people believes so much of their intellect, knowledge, power and skills, there will be no more room for additional inputs. Teaching them will be a hard task.

It really takes tons of humility to empty oneself. Let us just pray for those people who doesn't feel the need of God in their life to realize that God created humans not just with a brain but with a heart.

That amidst the extraordinary things they can accomplish, still there are mysteries in life that can't be fathom by human mind.

No comments: